Even as you age, you still need to have fun with your clothes, this lady Linda Rodin is a prime example of how to do it.
Tomorrow night we are going dancing. I love to go out dancing, it's great exercise, it releases all your worries from a week of work and it's just plain fun.
We have definitely had a change in the weather today so tomorrow night this is what I will be wearing, I think.
The great little moire sleeves stop has a vintage feel but looks new, the shearling jacket (fake fur of course) is perfect for a cool night. I love the idea of the sweet romantic top with the rugged jacket. I have always preferred high- low, cheap- expensive, new-old look in my dressing so this outfit fits that look completely.
I really love those over sized pearls which again have a vintage but new feel. Add a animal print belt and it's a pretty outrageous outfit.
Colder weather hit Minnesota during the night last night. It was cold walking Henry this morning. This is a great easy to throw on look for me. The sweater is a khaki green it hits just below the behind. I add the trim which I copied from a magazine picture or something (I do this a lot). I always get a lot of great comments about the sweater. The scarf is a very soft cotton knit from a French line of clothing, which J. Crew carries some of the pieces. The roll of the jeans should be small and soft, to stay in keeping the softness of the outfit.
I can wear either the black purse by Marc Jacobs with my Italian boots, or my brown purse with brown hiking boots. I could put ballet flats with this outfit as well, to make it more girly.
We are never ever happy with what we are given for body types. While we should be happy that we have good health and wonderful personalities we fret over our bodies. So let's do some looking at how clothes can change that.
This outfit is great for an older woman who has a short torso, the sweater brings the eye downward, making the model look longer waist ed. The hem length is perfect, right at the knee. If you go too short you will look like your are trying to look like your daughter or trying to look too young. Any longer and you would look really dragged down and frumpy. The tone on tone color or the outfit, makes her look taller and skinnier. What a fun outfit for fall and winter. Remember though this may not be a color for you, so stay within your personal color palette.
We use accessories to make us individuals, especially for men, as your clothing does not change much in shape and style. I am always preaching the classics as we get older but we still want to look like we have a spring in our step when it comes to style. Use scarves, hats, cufflinks, ties, and shoes to change up a look. GO FOR IT GUYS, HAVE SOME FUN WHEN YOU GET READY TO GO OUT AND ABOUT.
Of course we all know how to shop right? But do we really I am not so sure, so below are some great ideas for shopping.
1. Always spend your biggest money on the classics, in both styling and Color.
2. Define your style and stick to it. Wear what you love; what makes you comfortable, what makes you feel expresses you. Stay true to this and the wardrobe will follow. Shop with the motto, love it or leave it.
3. Understand your body type and shop accordingly, learn what looks best and never compromise.
4. Don’t go on fishing expeditions, go but don’t buy unless it’s perfect.
5. Go to the stores you know have your styles and what works for you.
6. Look for color and fabric first, then silhouette, then size.
7. Think outfit, not item. Before buying the new items think about what other items it can be worn with. If you don’t have anything don’t buy it, it needs to go with at least three other things.
8. Get help from a professional stylist.
9. Insist on fit; otherwise take it to your alterations person. So factor in that cost always. Even your jeans can be altered
10. Buy the best you can afford. You don’t need a lot of stuff when you have the right stuff.
11. Vintage** Vintage can give you a unique look, but always try everything on
Sizes were different back then. Again, make sure it fits with your style and goes with other items you already have.
12. Make your larges purchase first, in other words, buy the suit or coat first then
If you want to be fashionable do it with accessories, or just a few items to add to your already “styled” wardrobe. When I do closet clean outs I see a lot of hang tags still on clothing in closets. Buying outside the box can be very costly. Stick to what suits you best for overall look, then go crazy with the accessories, jewelry, scarves, some handbags and shoes can really bring you the fashion your looking for.
If you love Style as much as I do you will love these other blog sites. Now you are not going to go out and dress like this, more than likely but they are fun, whimsical and "hey" they might give you some ideas. http://www.thestylerookie.com/
This is our future ladies and gentlemen. http://advancedstyle.blogspot.com
This one makes it all work. http://stylebubble.typepad.com/ the author is in London, but it's a gorgeous blog. Some real inspriation here.
We recently went on a trip to Wyoming and Colorado. There are two things that happen to be when traveling. I don't sleep well and my beauty routine is not what it should be, plus the environment is different from at home. It's funny the environment I can deal with and the beauty routine as well. It's the lack of sleep that shows up on my face and really makes my skin look shallow and lacking in color. They say you never catch up on sleep but after last night's big snore I am not so sure that's true. I feel a thousand times better and happier today just because I got a lot of sleep.