Tomorrow night we are going dancing. I love to go out dancing, it's great exercise, it releases all your worries from a week of work and it's just plain fun.
We have definitely had a change in the weather today so tomorrow night this is what I will be wearing, I think.
The great little moire sleeves stop has a vintage feel but looks new, the shearling jacket (fake fur of course) is perfect for a cool night. I love the idea of the sweet romantic top with the rugged jacket. I have always preferred high- low, cheap- expensive, new-old look in my dressing so this outfit fits that look completely.
I really love those over sized pearls which again have a vintage but new feel. Add a animal print belt and it's a pretty outrageous outfit.
My favorite dancing shoes. The purse just may stay at home. Sometimes I just bring my I.d., a credit card and lipstick when I got dancing.
I love red, which you already know if you follow me. This sweater has a lot of say on it's own, so when accessorizing, I use something that is in another color range but can hold it own against the red. The animal print belt makes it fun and interesting, to match red everywhere else would be a disaster.
Modern red J. Crew Tippi sweater, bubble necklace in a color no longer sold and J. Crew animal print belt. The Levi's are the Made In America Vintage boys jeans. You would not believe what I had to do to get them to fit. I would do a soft roll at the hem.
Very casual and yet works with this outfit.
These booties are my favorite shoes, even though they are reddish I can still wear them with this sweater. They are so muted in color.
Sunday I love Sunday it's the day the world sorta takes a break or at least it seems to, things seem a bit slower. You go to church or whatever your morning routine is and then you get to play, go for a bike ride, walk, hike, golf , etc. So it's a good day to dress up and then really go casual. This vest is so old, but so current for now with it's trim and bead work, paired with a white J Crew shirt and jeans it works for dressy and casual. This time it's the Eco Levi's with a soft pink belt which you would not see if the vest were completely buttoned. I would but a two roll at the bottom of the jeans, as I would want them to look more styled and formal.
Hobo Red bag and J. Crew high steppin' boots, for church.
Brown bucket bag and biker boots for later, you can hike in these they are so comfortable. Yes you can wear a brown purse and black boots, yes you can.
I am so excited about my 30days of denim blogging that I have decided I am going to start it this coming Monday. The clothes are from my closet but I have noticed that stores already have their fall lines in so to help you with ideas for shopping I am doing this sooner.
These blogs will have lots and lots of ideas and information as to how and why the outfits and accessories work together. Stay tune for this coming Monday, August 13th to begin the journey.
Of course we all know how to shop right? But do we really I am not so sure, so below are some great ideas for shopping.
1. Always spend your biggest money on the classics, in both styling and Color.
2. Define your style and stick to it. Wear what you love; what makes you comfortable, what makes you feel expresses you. Stay true to this and the wardrobe will follow. Shop with the motto, love it or leave it.
3. Understand your body type and shop accordingly, learn what looks best and never compromise.
4. Don’t go on fishing expeditions, go but don’t buy unless it’s perfect.
5. Go to the stores you know have your styles and what works for you.
6. Look for color and fabric first, then silhouette, then size.
7. Think outfit, not item. Before buying the new items think about what other items it can be worn with. If you don’t have anything don’t buy it, it needs to go with at least three other things.
8. Get help from a professional stylist.
9. Insist on fit; otherwise take it to your alterations person. So factor in that cost always. Even your jeans can be altered
10. Buy the best you can afford. You don’t need a lot of stuff when you have the right stuff.
11. Vintage** Vintage can give you a unique look, but always try everything on
Sizes were different back then. Again, make sure it fits with your style and goes with other items you already have.
12. Make your larges purchase first, in other words, buy the suit or coat first then
If you want to be fashionable do it with accessories, or just a few items to add to your already “styled” wardrobe. When I do closet clean outs I see a lot of hang tags still on clothing in closets. Buying outside the box can be very costly. Stick to what suits you best for overall look, then go crazy with the accessories, jewelry, scarves, some handbags and shoes can really bring you the fashion your looking for.
No matter what your age Vintage is a always a great find. For one thing it's one of a kind piece of clothing, that no one else has, so you can always have a unique outfit. Here are things that you should know though about buying and owning Vintage. First remember it's not so precious that is can't be altered to fir or be the right hem length. Unless your young a head to toe look of vintage is too much. Always pair your vintage with new, fresh items to keep the look current so you do not look like a museum piece. Shoes, purses, ties and cuff links are really easy as they are just an accessory.