Ok, guys I know your the last to move on style, but you can and should step it up a notch. Especially if you are single and looking to attract some attention. Below are some photos of Nick Wooster who is now a style adviser for JCP (that's J C Penney's) so style does not have to cost a lot. By the way if something does not fit perfect, have it altered.
Even as you age, you still need to have fun with your clothes, this lady Linda Rodin is a prime example of how to do it.
When the cold weather hit my hair looked like I had my hands on one of those static electricity globes. It had a life of it's own. My daughter works for Aveda Corporation, she recommended Light Elements. What a difference one tiny little drop of this makes. I apply one tiny drop to my wet hair, it makes it easier to comb out and no more electrical hair-dos.
I am once again wanting to write and show ideas on my blog, the home invasion, the holidays and winter. With Spring around the corner I am anxious to start sharing what I know about this coming season's fashion for those of us that are of a certain age. So starting this week I will be looking for and posting some great new ideas for men and women. See you soon.
I was working on another project for this blog, taking pictures and making notes on how to approach it when our home was broken into. They took my computer, with all the photos and ideas. They also took, my Elsa Schiaparelli jewelry and my J. Crew jewelry stash. If that was not enough they took my car. At least my beautiful dog Henry was safe although visibly shaken.
I am so very sorry that the end of this blog idea has been slow in coming, not only have I been working a great deal but I also caught the dreaded influenza recently. So with no further "a-do" I will conclude this series, however you can count on more denim looks, and looks for the over 40 crowd. It's one of my passions. I have this sweater below in a camel colored background. I wear it with various shirts both printed and plain colored. I wear it with a varies of items including for more casual look with my 505 Levi's. Animal prints are big this fall, as are animals themselves. This is not too young a look for anyone over 40 as it depends on how else you dress it up. Note what I chose to wear with it.
I did not forget about you I have been very busy working and social stuff. It's good to be busy but then I miss this. This past week-end I copied a J.Crew top. It was actually quite simple here is what it looks like, the real things not the copy. This was the outfit, it really looked classy, my husband loved it. I wore this with my Levi's 505's.
I have only two days left of my "30 Days of Denim", but I decided to interrupt my calendar to bring you information on the care and feeding of your denim.
Some of us have jeans that we have had forever, they are probably our most "go-to" items in our closet. The older jeans get the more care they need, but so do your new ones need loving care. Come on, jeans put in a hard day's work , if you prone to wearing them a lot. So like you they need some tender loving care too.
Here is some great information.
1. Jeans can be worn 5-10 times before being laundered unless they are used from some pretty grimy work.
2. When you do wash your jeans turn them inside out, make sure you have zipped them up and buttoned them at the waist.
3. I usually use very little detergent (I do have a front load washer, which typically uses less ). If they are brand new I will put about a half a cup of white vinegar in the wash as it helps to set the indigo dye. Woolite also haS a dark wash product that works well. USE ONLY COLD WATER.
4. After they have washed pull them out, straighten the legs and hang from the waist. I let my jeans air dry until there is just a little dampness left, then they go in the dryer. It helps so they are less stiff. Do it for just a very few minutes. Drying is hard on jeans.
5. Jeans should be hung straight, I hang mind from the hen as it helps to keep them wrinkle free and may be just maybe helps to lengthen them.
6. This is the most wonderful tip of all, if you don't want to launder your jeans yet wrap them up and put them in the freezer overnight to kill any bacteria, you think they may have.
TOMORROW HOW TO WASH SELVEDGE VINTAGE JEANS.
It's going to be really cold tomorrow, from 80 degrees today to around 45-50 tomorrow. I have a new sweater so here is what I will be wearing. My Levi's 505 and the J. Crew, French Hen sweater with my J. Crew Selvedge shirt. Rock on.
We have two more days of warm weather and then the cold hits. I have been pulling pots in from the garden as the plants seem to be sensing the change of scenery too. No matter I am ready for winter, I am actually kinda tired of my warm weather clothes so a change in the closet is just as welcome. This jacket is synthetic but it's so warm I love having it for the cold. If I add my selvedge chambray shirt and it's a great casual about town outfit. Add a little color with a red belt and a autumn scarf.